All new volunteers must sign a waiver. If you receive a waiver before your first shift, please fill it out and bring it with you to the build site. If not, please fill one out when you arrive. Do not fax or mail waivers to the office. The minimum age to volunteer with Habitat is 16 years old; anyone under 18 years old must have their waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Click here to download the waiver form.
What to wear? Dress for the weather and wear layers that you can add/remove. Loose, comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty is recommended as are extra socks to ensure your boots fit well. In the summer, sunscreen is highly recommended and it is a good idea to wear long pants to minimize splinters and scrapes. Must wear closed toed shoes (no sandals).
Water and cold drinks are always available. The Jr Forum of Pasadena provides lunch on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays. We try to have volunteer groups provide for the other work days. You may bring additional snacks if needed. We break at noon for lunch and fellowship.
If you know of a group that would like to get involved in providing donated lunches, please contact Leah McWhinnie at email@example.com or call 832-539-3946.
In an effort to reduce money spent on cups and also to “reduce, reuse, recycle” Habitat for Humanity Pasadena asks you to please bring your own water bottle. There will be plenty of water available on site for you to refill your bottle.
Other useful items (if you have them)
- Work gloves (leather palms are best)
- Disposable Camera
- Extra socks
- Tools (you own hammer, but please mark them so you get them back)
Before the build – What NOT to Bring
- Valuables - There is no safe place to store personal belongings; please leave valuables at home. Habitat is not responsible for volunteer possessions on site. Please be careful with what you bring to the build – label everything to prevent losing personal property!
- Personal music devices - To ensure safety of all volunteers, we ask that music devices be left at home.
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, etc. - These are not permitted on the buildsite whatsoever. Anyone under the influence of such substances will be asked to leave immediately.